Mike Goetz | Senior Consultant
Mike supports clients in leadership development and implementation of Toyota Production System methodology through his 24 years’ experience working within Toyota Motor Corporation.
Mike has lived and breathed TPS culture through his career with Toyota, rising from team member through to team leader, group leader and management level, with responsibility for coaching and teaching TPS to Toyota employees, and development assignments within Toyota’s affiliate companies. Mike’s professional development within Toyota included four specific training tours in Japan.
Mike is skilled in policy development and implementation, conveyance and material handling, FMDS (floor management development system), PDCA problem solving, continuous improvement, and new model implementation.
Based in the United States, Mike is a Toyota Production System consultant supporting Shinka Management clients globally with staff development and lean implementation.
Toyota Production System
Process and leader standard work
Toyota Motor Corporation – Production Manager
Mike commenced his career as a team member at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, rising up to hold management positions in production (16 years) and conveyance (3 years). These roles included extensive hands-on implementation, training and mentoring in the Toyota Production System, together with employee management and responsibility for safety, quality, productivity, cost and morale.
Lean Manufacturing Consultant
Mike’s experience outside of Toyota includes consulting assignments for the following companies:
- Danfoss Industries | Denmark, Mexico, USA | Air conditioning condenser manufacturer
16-week pilot projects within company manufacturing plants
- Hospira | North Carolina | Largest injectable manufacturer in pharmaceutical industry
Oversight and executive management coaching, KPI improvements in quality, productivity and cost
- Daimler Truck Division | Portland | Truck manufacturing
Process improvement, staff training, management mentoring, and lean implementation through Jishuken activities
- Benteler | Alabama | Sub frame supplier for auto manufacturer
Pace implementation, quality management, improvement of weekly accountability meetings
- Husqvarna | South Carolina | Lawnmower manufacturer
Support for parts delivery to line side to reduce and control part shortages
- Danfoss Industries | Denmark, Arkansas | Air conditioning condenser manufacturer
Training kaizen and standard work, implemented productivity improvements resulting in 40% increase in output
- Webasto | Lexington | Sunroof supplier for multiple auto manufacturers
Machine time speed increases, assembly line productivity improvement resulting in 50% increase in output
- Thomas Built Buses | North Carolina | Bus manufacturer
KPI board and daily problem solving methodology implementation for team leaders and supervisors
- Consumers Energy | Michigan | Gas and electricity supplier to 4 million customers in Michigan
Created model headquarters and deployed to all sites, implemented daily management and problem solving