Anytime, anywhere, kaizen analysis at your fingertips!!
OTRS is a video-based software that is designed to increase the efficiency of your continuous improvement activities through performing time and motion analysis directly on site. This powerful software supports you in creating, analyzing and improving standard work and line balancing of your processes. Following on from the success of the PC-based OTRS10 time and motion analysis software, the introduction of the iPhone and iPad-based Mobile OTRS app allows you to conduct time and motion studies quicker and easier than ever!
Mobile OTRS allows you to preform time and motion analyses right at the shopfloor. Having the possibility to study operations at anytime and anywhere is a great opportunity for everyone in your organization to carry out kaizen activities.
Mobile OTRS Introduction Video
Three features of Mobile OTRS
1. Digital improvement tool that can be used by anyone, anytime, anywhere!
You can record work easily utilizing an iOS enabled smartphone or tablet, and then analyze the work directly on your device while you are still on site.
2. Information sharing is now easier and faster than ever!
Video recordings make it easier to present analysis results. Information sharing within your organization is also made a lot easier and faster.
3. Connectivity between OTRS10 PC software and Mobile OTRS for iOS allows better data utilization!
Detailed work manuals can be created on a PC using data recorded on your smartphone. Conversely, the data created on a PC can be taken to the work site on your smartphone. You can now record and analyze data more flexibly.
Mobile OTRS Functions
- Video recording in landscape mode
- Zoom available
- Real-Time analysis enables elements definition while recording
- Analyze process recorded previously
- Define and edit operational elements data
- Up to 100 elements / 20 cycles
- Display elements time by cycle
- Visualize time variations between cycles
- Identify kaizen opportunities
- Compare processes
- Discover hidden know-how
- Train staff
- Create standard work combination charts
- Compare operation time vs takt time
- Identify kaizen opportunities at a glance
- Balance workload between worksations
- Re-order elements to meet takt time
- Improve operations arrangement efficiency
- Prepare reports directly from the app
- Share analysis and data
- Create PDF files
Benefits of Mobile OTRS
- Increase the number of kaizen improvement activities
- Increase the speed of kaizen implementation
- Use of video makes communication easier
- Time required for work analysis reduced to 1/4!
- Time study analysis can be completed all within the Mobile OTRS app
- On-site training enhanced by watching videos together with staff
- Effective manuals created using videos recorded with Mobile OTRS
- Develop personnel capable of making on-site improvements
Mobile OTRS Models
Mobile OTRS Usage Application Examples
Full-fledged work time analysis can be conducted by utilizing the videos recorded with smartphones to identify muri, mura and muda (overburden, unevenness and waste) in the work performed at the work site to improve and increase productivity.
Nippon Express Case Study | Increasing warehouse picking productivity through time and motion study software analysis
Equipment and Robot Improvement
Slow motion playback function allows you to identify time being wasted at the level of a tenth of a second so that appropriate tuning can be made to increase your equipment and robot production.
Marugo Rubber Case Study | Detailed equipment analysis and optimization using motion analysis software
Human Resource Development
Not only videos of standard work can be shown to workers but also the work steps of workers can be recorded and compared to the standard work example on the shop floor. These on-site activities can make personnel development training easier and more efficient.
Kubota Corporation Case Study | Using work measurement software to transfer know-how from veteran workers
The ability to create standard work combination sheets and yamazumi charts on site improves the efficiency of improvement or kaizen activities greatly.
Rejoice Company Case Study | Improving quality of cleaning operations through application of kaizen software
Mobile OTRS Connectivity with OTRS10
- Create video manuals by importing videos taken with Broadleaf Mobile OTRS into the PC-based OTRS10 software
- Create standard work combination sheets and yamazumi charts in Excel by importing analysis data into OTRS10 from Broadleaf Mobile OTRS
- Import video analysis data from OTRS10 to Broadleaf Mobile OTRS and bring it directly to the site for checking
Mobile OTRS developed incorporating Toyota’s feedback
Toyota Motor Corporation has been using OTRS10 at its manufacturing sites. As part of their effort of promoting the digitalization of shop floor kaizen activities based on the TPS approach, the automaker identified the need of “having a digital tool that enables anyone to conduct kaizen activities anytime, anywhere, immediately on the spot.” With this in mind, the company expressed their interest in a mobile version of OTRS10. In the development of Mobile OTRS, a prototype was developed last year by incorporating feedback received from Toyota Motor Corporation’s production sites. This mobile time study analysis tool has been highly regarded as “the best tool for promoting the digitalization of TPS” by those who have actually used it in their kaizen activities.
Excerpt from Broadleaf Mobile OTRS press release
Learn more about Mobile OTRS Time Study Software…
Supported Operating System: iOS version iOS14 or higher.
Recommended devices: iPhone 8 or later, iPhone SE (2nd generation or later), iPhone 11 Pro or later, iPhone 11 Pro Max or later, iPad (7th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad mini (5th generation or later), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation or later), 11-inch iPad Pro (1st generation or later).
Mobile OTRS licences cannot be shared between users. Each Mobile OTRS user must have a dedicated licence.
An individual user can switch between using a single Mobile OTRS licence on an iPhone or iPad. A single licence cannot be used simultaneously on two devices, and thus a user must log out of the logged-in device, and then log in on the other, in order to enable Mobile OTRS on their other device. Both devices must belong to the same user and share the same Apple ID.
Mobile OTRS includes English and Japanese languages by default.
Contact Shinka Management for further information regarding Mobile OTRS
Shinka Management provides sales and support for OTRS10 and Mobile OTRS globally. Contact us for pricing and an obligation-free information.