Elmer Buscado - Senior Consultant
Elmer is based in the Philippines, and is experienced in operational excellence, business process management and business intelligence in multinational companies and their supply chains, with extensive and diverse capabilities in delivering performance through people and transformation improvement initiatives across all functions.
Elmer is a lean management expert capable of transforming the design and execution of business processes with a focus on the bottom line.
Elmer has 16 years of management experience in multi-functional assignments, manufacturing, telecoms, and supply chain management, and has capabilities in strategic development, transformation, change management and deployment of continuous improvement (OpEx) and lean methodologies across E2E processes and to assist SAP implementation.
Philip Morris International
Elmer held the role of Senior Operations Manager for a five-year period, overseeing a multi-function group focused on business intelligence, continuous improvemenent (OPEX), and training, with 16 direct reports. Prior to this, Elmer held the role of Senior Operations Analyst for a four year period. Responsibilities during these roles included:
- Operations budgeting and productivity savings reporting.
- Lean plant layout to achieve reduction from four plants to two, reducing headcount by 35% and manufacturing cost by $12 million, and increasing output volumes.
- Deployment of lean six sigma across operations, overseeing implementation of 125 improvement projects.
- Operational excellence deployment advisor and trainer for HR Shared Services. Certified five Lean Experts.
- Launched Asia Leadership Development Program: Transformed 80 people managers as program leaders and trained 2000 staff.
Elmer’s experience outside of Philip Morris includes consulting assignments for the following companies:
Diageo SSC Manila | Shared services center | PMO/Lean Consultant
Collaborate with global lead and local clients for lean review of global tax processes in shared services center while coordinating adoption and localization of these processes.
Unilever | Food manufacturing | Project Delivery & Change Management Consultant
Headed 7 million Euro capital project expanding the foods and dressing capacity and automation of the cleaning process (CIP). Cost reduction of 40% achieved.
Globe Telecoms | Digital services and sales | Change Management Consultant
Delivered an award-winning business improvement project while coaching black belt qualified staff. Total cost benefit of 11 million PHP.